Monday, February 13, 2006

Carpets


Is this a theme? The first room has carpets, the second has none - none that are red anyway. I'm thinking this is possibly a metaphor. Why else would the subject keep coming up? What do you think? Surely there are no blogs which are actually carpeted. Even boingboing has just bare wood floors. So maybe it's a reference to the laying of a foundation. But then why wouldn't I simply, like, lay a foundation? Why a carpet? Maybe I'm a Vietnam vet and it's a flashback to all that infernal carpet bombing I saw, I helped cause, back then. The horror (this is whispered). Or maybe I'm attempting to cover something up, say, a shoddy foundation or bloodstains. You, being a total stranger, have no clue.

I'll give you a clue. It's not a rug; it's Astroturf . (Insert little c in a ©ircle here.) I had it installed in all three rooms. It's the new, domestic variety of Astroturf. Looks more like green shag than plastic grass. You'll notice this room has a low pile. I call this the Putting Room. See the hole? Right there, doofus; the one with the flag. You're really not very observant, are you? I showed you the door last time and you walked right through. Now this is the door to the fourth room. I'll follow you in. See ya, sucker.

No comments: