Friday, February 16, 2007

Bo Peep

Now where the hell did those damn sheep go? They were here just a minute ago. All I did was lean against a tree and rest my eyes for a spell. Is that a crime? Hey. Maybe a crime is what occurred here. My daddy warned me about sheepnappers.
Or was that shepherds napping?
Ohhh, it's all so confusing.

Still, what's done is done. No sense crying over spilt milk.
It doesn't help to close the barn door after the horse is gone. Or the sheep, either. And don't suggest I go after them. I know those sheep. They're spoiled rotten. Very demanding. They require a perfect 33/67 clover-to-grass ratio. Precisely the mix on this very hillside. My guess is they'll be back by morning, dragging their little tails behind them.
Now, I think I'll go lie down for a while.

No comments: