Friday, April 14, 2006

Exodus


So, as is known, Moses said unto Pharoah, "Let my people go."
And Pharaoh spoke to Moses, saying "Whoa, slow down, Moses. Take it easy. Surely we could work something out. I mean, work with me Moses. See where I'm coming from. It's not like we've only had locusts and lice and frogs to deal with here. We're talking about boils and darkness and sickness unto death. I've seen rivers turn to blood and then I lost my firstborn son. We've all lost firstborn sons. Let me tell you, it's not been a good week."
And Moses said unto Pharaoh, "It is the Way of the Lord. We will go out into the desert."
And Pharaoh spoke again unto Moses, saying "Moses, Moses, Moses. Think about what you're saying. That desert will eat you alive. It's hot in the day and cold at night. Why, you're liable to get lost and spend thirty, forty years out there. And that's assuming you get there. You'd have to cross the Red Sea first. How are you going to do that? Just wave your arms - or that staff of yours - and part the waves? I mean, get real."
And Moses said unto Pharaoh, "We shall live. We shall be fruitful and multiply."
And Pharaoh spoke once more unto Moses, saying "Fruitful? In that Ra-foresaken no man's land? Ain't gonna happen, Moses. Listen. Listen to me, Moses. Stay here. I need you. I mean, who's going to clean up this mess?"
So it came to pass that Moses turned his back on Pharaoh and went forth.
And Pharaoh called out to Moses. saying "Go, then. See what I care. You'll be sorry." But Moses heard not the words of Pharoah, for Moses and his people were outa there.

No comments: