Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Grotans

One thing you have to give the Grotans, they are relentless. I've had one on my tail for going on 23 years. It all goes back to my days with Orkin, killing bugs for residents of Sector P. Most of Sectors N through S are ecofuges, so we were working underground. Folks were expected to live and let live, but when the roaches and silverfish get to be the size of wheelbarrows, a certain need arises. I helped fill it. I personally racked up 7,493 kills and became persona non grata to the Grotans. It's ironic, really. Grotans are hired to protect the insects, even though they can't stand the suckers. They're crustaceans, kinda buglike themselves, so maybe it's self-loathing that spurs them on. But man, they love their job. Best trackers in the known universe. No one uses gamma radar like they do. Not even Orkin. Gotta go. My alarm tells me he's zeroing in.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Really love your sculptures and your links are toooooooo funny!!!

Jay King said...

Thanks a lot, Steph. I like your site, too. Great faux stone beads.