Thursday, January 13, 2011

God's Lonely Man

My life has taken another turn again. The days can go on with regularity over and over, one day indistinguishable from the next. A long continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is a change... The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men cannot put it back together again... Now I see this clearly. My whole life is pointed in one direction. There never has been a choice for me... Here is a man who would not take it anymore... Here is a man who stood up.

Jared Loughner = Travis Bickle?
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords = Senator Charles Palatine?

1 comment:

carterwillett said...

Travis Bickle, Sirhan Sirhan, Oswald, Ray. The still unknown names of those who killed the Ghandis and Kings and Xs among us.
And plenty die in hospital beds without a bullet or fanfare, yet they are killed just the same.
And they might have the power to help us see ourselves.

Who knows from whence they come? What drives them to make a place for themselves in history?

Well, isn't that it.
Plenty of troublesome voices rife with hate and poison are paid millions to inflame the masses.
And ain't it easy.

Read john Brunner's "The Sheep Look Up." See Matthew Flamen for who he is.

Us, unfortunately.

Still,

It's the easiest way to become a celebrity.

No matter what the cost to us. Or Them.

Sorry, I might be right, but I went on a bit too long.

I need a drink.