Thursday, February 07, 2008

Grobmeyer's Picture

We heard the impact and came running. There was a whistling sound before the crash, so we figured it weren't no car, but something out of the sky, a Piper Cub, or one of those cropdusters that spray the rice. Sure enough, there was a contrail above the tree line, ending in smoke. Then we saw the hole. Must've been thirty or forty foot acrost. Grobmeyer had his camera phone, so started in taking pictures. Grobmeyer's all the time snapping pictures of anything that crosses his path. He got a tornado a couple years back and sold it to the Seven Action News Team. Fifty bucks. So here Grobmeyer's ready to jump in this hot, smoking hole. I say "Whoa! Grobmeyer! You ain't got no business going in there! What if-" But that's all I get in before he's IN the infernal hole and out of sight. In no time I hear him yell "Hot damn!" and his flash goes off. I can't rightly say what happened next, Officer. Whatever went in that hole came out again in a real hurry. Knocked me down to the ground. When I came to, there weren't hide nor hair to be found of Grobmeyer, but his camera phone was lying in the burned grass. This was the last picture on it. I figure it's worth a few bucks, don't you?

No comments: