Saturday, January 19, 2008

Shrunken Porcelain Head Vase

It's not one. But if it were, it would have been made in the likeness of an elderly Mingo soothsayer, with convolutions to match her prophesies. I would have acquired it as part of an auction lot, tucked away in the corner of a cardboard box containing mostly household goods. I would have been overjoyed when I found it, knowing, as I do, several prominent florists who would eagerly vie for it. But I wouldn't have known about the curse.

Luckily, as I say, it's not one.

2 comments:

Carla Trujillo said...

I read a blurb about your wonderful work and I was wondering if you have a minimum or maximum number of casts you use per piece?
It's all very inspiring!!

Jay King said...

It's not set in stone, but there are always at least 2 molds used and usually 3 or 4. No maximum, although it's unusual to use more than 5.

Thanks for the interest.