Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Kimba Clan

Kimba 17 got me out of the Slurp. I had lain wallowing there for days before he came along and hauled me out. Didn't ask my tribe. Gave me water, fed me pemmican. I didn't speak his language and he didn't speak mine. He pointed south, gestured come. That was good enough for me.

Next day we were set upon by a band of Toznu huntsmen. They chased us into a ravine where we were both ensnared in vinery. Swinging side to side upside down, I whined my last whimper, or so I thought. It seemed Kimba 17 grunted their language and engaged their leader in vociferous debate. I assumed by Kimba 17's simulated retching that he was arguing our inedibility. Tonzu spears to our throats were ordered down. We as well were lowered and allowed to go.

We reached the Kimba colony on the third day. The entire village came out of their holes to greet us, or rather to greet 17. I was viewed askance until introduced, then poked and prodded and pinched and generally assessed. I judged their demeanor eventually registered approval. I was led to a lavish spread of rabbit and quail.

I've been here eight days now. All the Kimba are very kind and encourage me to eat my fill of all manner of delicacies. They have been decorating the village for some sort of ceremony, and I could be wrong, but I believe it is to be held in my honor.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I guess they are going to have a nice meal anytime soon!