Monday, November 06, 2006

Emmett Newsome

As a young man Emmett Newsome found he'd worn a crease in his life and it rankled him to no end. He said he'd be damned if he'd let some city wear him down and out, so he signed on to a tramp steamer and make his way east. That's east from Hong Kong, mind you, so there wasn't much more east left. Fortunately the ship plied the Pacific South South Southeast. Ended up in Bali, where he took to carving drift coral into the shapes of Vishnu and Ganesha.

He's become all the rage. Free now of rankles, Emmett is at peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, You have an interesting blog. Would you like to exchange link with me? I am sure my readers will enjoy your site

let me know

Anonymous said...

Personally, I couldn't carve a bit of drift coral without rankles. But good for him anyway.