Friday, July 28, 2006

Diary Entry 4

Today a woman came into the store, she was a tiny little thing, no bigger than three feet tall, couldn't have weighed more than 50 pounds, though I didn't lift her, mind you. She was needing batten for some bunting she was sewing. Anyway, all the other clerks went their own ways when they saw her coming, so I had to wait on her. Wasn't no problem to speak of, except sometimes, she gave me a funny look on account of I was looking at her a lot. Anyway, it turns out she wasn't with the circus or anything, she was just a small person. You coulda knocked me over with a goose feather, but I had no idea there were such things outside of the circus or the Wizard of Oz. If that don't beat all.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes small people come in all shapes and sizes. I've seen 'em out there too.

Jay King said...

I can understand small people coming in all shapes. But sizes? There can't be too many extra large small sizes. But then again, it's all relative, I guess. (As are you. Hey Mr. Bill.)

Anonymous said...

No, they don't have extra large small people al, that would be silly. They measure 'em kinda like Starbucks does coffee: Wee, Tiny, Little and Puppy sized.

Puppy sized are the cutest.

Jay King said...

There's nothing cute about puppycide. Oh, you said puppy sized. Never mind.